Audio Visual Arts North East is an independent charitable company whose objective is to deliver the biennial AV Festival, and promote electronic art for public benefit in North East England. AV Festival is an international festival of electronic arts, featuring visual art, film and music, which takes place in Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
The last AV Festival in March 2010 was the most successful to date and included 20 new commissions, 20 exhibitions and 63 events with 139 artists and 73 cultural partners. AV Festival 10 saw a 65% increase in physical attendance to 70,680 people including a 135% increase in visitors from outside the North East region. Over 1.5 million people visited our online, broadcast and public realm work and we generated £668,387 media value.
Audio Visual Arts North East is a company limited by guarantee. It was established for charitable purposes in March 2007 and is governed by a Board of Trustee Directors. The role of a Trustee Director is:
- To ensure that AVANE complies with its constitution, charity law, company law, policies and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To give strategic direction to the organisation, ensuring delivery of the business plan
- To advocate and promote the organisation within the wider arts and business sector
- To ensure financial stability of the organisation
- To sit on appraisal and recruitment panels as required
- Act as advisor to staff in areas of personal expertise, being careful to observe the distinction between non-executive and executive responsibility
- To attend bi-monthly Board meetings regularly
Trustees are unpaid and give their time and expertise freely and generously
If you are interested in joining the Board of Audio Visual Arts North East then please send a CV and short email explaining why you want to be a Trustee to:
Rebecca Shatwell, Audio Visual Arts North East, 10 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6QG. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 May 2010